Sunny Morning Muffins
Posted on Saturday, July 31st, 2010
Recipe: Sunny Morning Muffins
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Special equipment: muffin tin and muffin liners Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Let sit 15 minutes until strawberries give off juices.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, 1 cup sugar, strawberries, and lemon zest.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in blueberries and walnuts. Scoop batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out with a few crumbs but not wet, about 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack to room temperature.
I made these for Ryann, so most of them were baked into mini muffins. I did not use walnuts, as we are not a nut family. I do not like bananas, so I set some of the mixture aside and made some with the mashed banana, and some without.
You can add other berries, and substitute the oil with applesauce.
Meal type: breakfast
Microformatting by hRecipe.